Fill your hospital bag with clothes for you and your baby. Don’t make a too big a deal from the hospital bag, you only need 2 outfits for the baby and 1-2 outfits for yourself. All disposables (i.e. nappies, maternity pads etc are provided by the hospital).
Hereby our essentials to put in your hospital bag.
- 1 woolen blanket
- 2 long sleeve bodysuits
- 1 pair of (woolen) baby socks
- 2 hats
- 1 pair of pants of a onesie
- 1 jacket or outdoor onesie (for the trip home)
- Outfit for after birth (loose fitting pants, cardigan)
- Nursing bra
- Woolen sokken (to keep your feet warm during labour)
You don’t need magazines/snacks/iPads etc. The hospital will provide food and drinks, and you probably won’t eat that much during labour.
In the event that you have to stay overnight or even for a few days you can keep a second bag ready at home which your partner can bring to the hospital after birth.