When to call?
Call the midwife if a situation as below occurs: 020 – 333 04 20
- If you have not urinated within 6 hours after delivery.
- If your blood loss is bright red AND the pad needs changing every half hour or if you lose two or more orange-sized clots.
- If your temperature rises to above 38.0°C within the first 24 hours.
- If the baby’s temperature does not change after an hour (when their temperature is below 36.5°C or above 37.5°C).
- If the baby’s lips turn blue during the feed or sleep.
- If the baby has not urinated or had any stool within the first 24 hours.